Te Paranui has developed over the last 5 years a permaculture Homestead with food forests, organic veggie garden, orchard and herb spiral under guidance of permaculture experts. We source everything we need to create organic fertile soil on our own grounds and thriving towards a zero waste environment.
Here we grow food and live together due to permaculture principles as much as possible:
Our Permaculture Aktion Plan
– making compost out of animal manure, humanure, scrapes and twiggs.
– keeping seeds and raising our own seedlings for the veggie garden
– inviting community members to look after their own organic veggie patch
– providing compost toilets to our visitors and volunteers
– buying bulk in our own containers
– reducing waste where possible
– reusing pre-loved components and pellet boards for building projects
We couldn’t do what we do without the very valued help of our volunteers! If you are interested to come and volunteer with us either as a living-in volunteer or a local supporter please get in touch and check out the information here.
We love to talk about what we do to live more sustainable and in harmony with nature and invite everyone who is interested in what we do to come on our open days and have a look around in the gardens and meet our residents, volunteers or visitors for a chat and exchange of ideas.